Thursday, October 8, 2009

Lately.

Lately, my recent past has been making a major comeback.

In the past few weeks, it seems everything and everyone I've ever known, for at least the last three years, but am no longer in contact with is showing up. It's kind of freaking me out. I mean, have I come full circle already? Back to the same people and things?

Old friends who I never talk to anymore randomly get a hold of me and want to talk. Or just want to know what's up. Or want to tell me something arbitrary. What's up with that?

Sometimes these instances are fine...even welcomed. Others just bring up feelings I don't feel like confronting.

This year I kind of decided to leave it all behind. There's a completely new personality to Phi Lamb. I live in an apartment. I'm actually classified as a journalism major. New, great things are happening.

But these reappearances are really throwing me for a loop. It just kind of throws me back. It's like the universe is trying to stop me from moving forward with my life. There's no sense in reminiscing; it doesn't do anyone any good. No one wishes for old "crushes" to magically appear. No one wishes for friends who left you in the dust to come knock down your door.



Maybe this is a little emo and a little vague, but this is my own therapeutic way of getting out things. And plus, only like two people read this anyway, right?

2 comments: