Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The search begins.

For the past several days, I have been inhaling all the information I can get.

I've been looking on blogs, forums, job search sites, twitter...everywhere. And I have learned so much about the industry I am wanting to get into. Twitter has been insanely helpful. You can follow all sorts of useful sources, job engines, professionals in the industry.

I've found these particular websites to be the best:
mediabistro.com
publisherslunch.com
bookjobs.com
mashable.com
ed2010.com

These places are a wealth of information. They are full of blogs and advice. I literally couldn't sleep last night I was so consumed with reading them.

Maybe I'm a naive college student, but I have faith that I will land a great internship this summer and great job after graduation. I can't wait to be immersed into that world of publishing--whether it's book, magazine or anything. Yeah, I'm going to start as a free labor, working slave. I'll be sorting mail, running errands and making copies, but that's where you start.

I can't wait. I can't wait. I can't wait.

I really can see past gradation, finally. I can see myself as a happy working woman.

Some of the options are a bit frightening: HarperCollins and ASME both offer summer internships in New York. How crazy (awesome) would that be?
There also some others that I have set as goals that are local: D Magazine, BenBella Books.

Ay yi yi. I feel like a 6-year-old little girl who is dreaming about when she grows up. The sky is the limit. I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment