Sunday, October 4, 2009

Weddings.

I've never been THAT girl.

The girl who's always dreamed of her wedding. Picked out bridesmaid dress colors. Looked at engagement rings. Drooled over wedding dresses and veils. Envisioned the flowers and candles.

But somehow, (and I blame Platinum Weddings on WE) I have become her!

I'm sort of ashamed to say that one of my favorite pastimes at Walmart is flipping through bridal magazines. My mom and I love to look at a page of diamond rings and guess the other's favorite. I looove looking at wedding dresses. I love high fashion in general, but wedding dresses are just so romantic, delicate and personal. They are like prom dresses to the tenth power.


Another reason I've become this way is because EVERYONE is getting married and having babies right now. And I mean EVERYONE. Some way too young, but that's a subject for a different blog. While all these people are getting married, I am attending their weddings...enjoying, critiquing and taking notes.

But why do I blame Platinum Weddings on WE? Because they show every tiny little detail of a $1 million wedding. SO much of it is insane. But it's always gorgeous. Every center piece is decadent. The aisle is lined with rose petals. And the couples are always perfect. (A far cry from Bridezillas, which I can also get sucked into on occasion...eeps)



I don't have a boyfriend. I'm not even dating; but I love picturing that wedding day. All that's missing is that perfect guy. (Don't worry, I will NOT being going off a single girl tangent.) Your wedding day is a day of expressing your style in every aspect. It's interior design and fashion crammed into one. And the result is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment