Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Bachelorette: Episode 3

So I've decided to blog weekly about the Bachelorette. Not because the show is the most important thing in the world, but it's something that I watch regularly and I need to get in the habit of blogging on a regular basis. Here goes.


This season sort of seems like a repeat of other seasons--right down to the contestants. Craig (who thank goodness went home last week) was David from Jillian's season. From the sour attitude and argumentative nature right down to the bulging eyes. Weatherman Jonathan is Juan from Jillian's season. Combine the crying, the "worrying" about other guys in the house and mousy personality and you've got Juan and the weatherman. Kirk is a lot like Michael from Jillian's season. Kirk finally kisses Ali and practically mimics Michael's words when he says "Ali really likes me!" And Justin is the new Wes. They say love don't come easy, Justin. Especially when you piss off all the guys in the house. The dates are also seeming like repeats, but I'll get to that later.

Now for this week. The first one-on-one date went to Roberto, the baseball player. At first I wasn't a Roberto fan; I just thought all Ali wanted to do was sleep with him. But, after Roberto offered to play catch with Ali in the front of the house my opinion changed. (It's also possible I'm biased since baseball boys are definitely my type). I was having deja vu on this date though. Remember Jillian's date with Ed? They did a zip line between buildings. However, the date was pretty throw-up-a-little-in-your-mouth-cute though. Halfway down the tightrope, Roberto stops her (21 stories up, mind you) and they have their first kiss. Made me want to vomit? A bit. Adorable? Certainly. The chemistry between them is definitely there. I mean, come on, "I can always tell how I like a guy by the way we cuddle" ? I laughed a bit. But overall, great date. Roberto gets the rose. I see Roberto going to the final three at least.

Next was the group date. Ali and the guys make a music video with the Barenaked Ladies. Seems pretty harmless, right? That is until the guys receive their different scenes with Ali. Weatherman immediately begins to panic. He has a passionate kiss with librarian Ali. Please believe there were tears all through the day. When he is filming with her, he walks in to grab her for a passionate kiss...but there is no kiss. Just a hug. Take two. Ali kisses Weatherman. Many takes later they get it right. Poor Ali, that whole scene was just awkward. Then there was Kirk who had a bedroom scene and not nervous at all. He was more like psyched to roll around in the sack with the bachelorette, with all the guys and camera crew watching. The guys start getting uncomfortable and jealous and decide to walk away and not watch. Frank was one of those guys. Side note on Frank: Ali is not your girlfriend, bud. The whole episode Frank is panicking about Ali being with other guys. You signed up for THE BACHELORETTE, the most incestuous television show. Please stop whining. Go back to funny Frank. But I do give him props for getting slapped by Ali nine times in a row. But Kirk's scene went well. The scene kept going after hearing "cut!" two times! I felt bad for John C. He got one take and all he had to do was get in the tub with Ali as she got out. Poor guy never had a chance to make the sparks fly. Then all the guys head to a wrap party where Ali and Kirk get it on in the hot tub, Justin pouts because he couldn't get in the pool and the bad music video is shown. I loved that Cape Cod Chris opened up. He's adorable. But I still can't decide if the mother signature tattoo is sweet or creepy. Kirk gets the group date rose. One complaint on this date--I wanted to see more Jesse! I think he's positively adorable. I don't think I even know what his scene was, but I did catch a little glimpse of his solid, tatted up bod in the pool. Weeeeee.

Now comes the drama. Justin decides he needs to see Ali, to prove to her he's "here for the right reasons." Sounding Wes-like again, Justin. He hobbles all the way to Ali's house to talk to her. Okay, he definitely couldn't have sneaked out. (I really wanted to say "snuck," but that's a grammatical sin.) The mansion is crawling with security guards. The guys aren't supposed to leave. He obviously got permission because hello ABC is trying to make good TV. What really gets me about this though is how he didn't tell any of the guys he did it. Hunter gets the second one-on-one and he begins to brag about how he'll be the first one to see Ali's house. Justin stays silent. No, he's not being the bigger person by keeping it to himself. Every person watching knows what's going on and he's trying to make Hunter look like an idiot.

But anyway, Hunter's date is next. They cooked burgers. I think these sort of dates are important further into the process. After the fancy, ritzy dates the couples need to see how they interact in more real life situations. But it was too early for this. Plus, it was incredibly boring. I could practically hear the crickets chirping when they were in the hot tub...that wasn't so hot. I knew after Hunter kissed her shoulder and then she moved away from him that Hunter was doomed. And she kept doing her polite, yet annoying, laugh. And her polite "Mmhmm-ing." Hunter was sent home without a rose.

Now the cocktail party and rose ceremony. First I must say...Jesse, babe, I know you've never owned a suit before this show, but what was the with all the denim? Really. Denim shirts are only okay when you're at a cowboy-themed party. It's okay Jesse, I forgive you. You're too sweet. The Justin drama returns. After Roberto tells Ali he's worried about Justin's intentions, Ali tells him about Justin's visit. Then begins the section of the episode that resembles 13 middle school girls. Roberto tells Ty, Craig, Jesse and others. (Ty and Craig were quite annoying this episode as well. Stop complaining about everything! Also, I keep excepting Craig to say "Ma, Robert is poking me!" a la Everybody Loves Raymond) Then the boys confront Jesse who claims he is being sacrificed. In the end, John C. and Steve were sent home. I felt bad for Steve, he made a little picnic and everything.

So far my picks are: Jesse, Chris L., Kirk, Roberto.

'Til next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment